Steve

I have lived in South Sydney for nearly 10 years, up in Waterloo near the housing commission. I’m generally very happy with the area. I’m originally from the Western Suburbs, I’m a Campbelltown boy, Macquarie Fields area, so I’m very happy with the area.

I’ve just finished being a public servant for 20 years, spending the last 5-6 years as a temp in short 3 month contracts. Prior to taking up temp work, I had the year off, and found it very difficult to find work, so my attitude towards the workforce, employment and the economy right now are pretty negative. It’s hard to keep positive, when there are many people taking part-time jobs, temp work, that sort of thing. What I’ve read, it’s happening a lot right now.

I’d say if we had to point fingers, it’d be the governments fault. Federally, I don’t think we’ve seen a good government, either opposition or government for some time now. Howard was probably the last of them, the new lot seem to be more like uni students who, um, have no experience in life and just carry on like children. Not showing any leadership whatsoever. So generally, that’s a negative for the government. Although, with what I said, I’m very happy with the Baird government at the moment.



But apart from that, living near the housing commission in Waterloo has been good. I’ve seen a little bit of crime, but not enough to frighten me. Crime is crime, I’ve been more frightened in my home out west than I am here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment