Margaret.

I work for a community legal centre for people with intellectual disabilities and I travel here for work every day from the inner west. I love the area. Waterloo has got a really strong community and a strong feeling of community and belonging. Everyone knows each other, all of the shop keepers know the locals, so it's a very good area for that.

I feel like the area is changing a lot. I've been here for six years now and it has changed a lot in that relatively short amount of time. I feel like it is good. When I first came here a lot of those shops were boarded up but now that has changed. There's a lot more interesting shops around. People are moving into the area now, I think. Young people are moving in with their families, so it's a very dynamic area. There's a lot of different people here. That's what's interesting about it; it's a massive mix. Everybody's here – Russians, Chinese and the Aboriginal community is strong here so it's a good community. I feel very lucky to be here. It's an 'on the move' community; a changing community. I love it here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment